Welcome to the Treasure Chest!
What is the Treasure Chest?
The Treasure Chest thrift store has been a source of financial support for RVCC since its opening in 2001. The store performs an essential service for the Community. This is a place where people can RECYCLE and FIND all types of gently used items. In our financially eclectic community, this is a sound proposition from all points of view.
In addition to serving the many shoppers, store staff and volunteers serve a more quiet service. On a daily basis people’s needs are met whether or not they are able to pay. Most of what is culled from the inventory goes to another organization that serves the low-income population of Nelson and elsewhere.
RVCC members get 10% off their purchases every day!
Don’t forget–the Treasure Chest now accepts furniture donations. Stop by and check out the furniture department, and take advantage of that member discount!
And… the Treasure Chest also accepts furniture that is is excellent condition on a consignment basis!! Please read our consignment policy to find out if selling your items through the Treasure Chest is right for you:
Treasure Chest Staff
Kathryn Walsh, Manager
Eleanor Massie, Assistant Manager
Betsy Greenleaf, Associate
(434) 361-0103 Office
(434) 361-0102 Fax
Treasure Chest Sales
First Saturday of Every Month: 20% off our specially priced boutique clothing!
Every Saturday Is Bag Day! Fill a bag with any of our regular priced clothing, shoes, belts, purses and scarves for just $10.00.
RVCC Members receive a 10% discount on every purchase, every day!
When donating, please ask yourself if you would be proud giving this to someone you know well. If it is gently used, in working condition, then chances are it is a good donation. If you are unsure whether an item fits these criteria, a good rule of thumb is to ask yourself, “Would I buy this item in this condition?”
Donations are accepted inside the Treasure Chest during regular hours of operation. Our staff and volunteers welcome and appreciate your kind, thoughtful donations that are in immediate re-sale condition. While we always try to reuse and recycle all of our donations, items that are stained, need cleaning, repairs, are missing parts, or are in bags or containers that may be mildewed, contain spiders or insects, or have kept company with mice or other critters, are not suitable for the store. In fact, the cost of handling, storing and removing items that are unsalable actually have a negative impact on our shop.
- Items not coming from a smoke free environment
- Furniture in disrepair
- Mattresses, box springs, sofa beds, or upholstered furniture.
- Press board or composite board furniture or rickety items.
- Venetian blinds and shades, water beds, metal filing cabinets or desks.
- Bicycles, exercise or sports equipment
- Household cleaners, paints, stains, varnishes, etc.
- Tires, car batteries & other automotive items
- Large appliances, flammable liquids, humidifiers, dehumidifiers, air conditioners, and anything that has been recalled or deemed hazardous by the Consumer Product Safety Commission, such as baby equipment.
- Building materials, windows, doors, screens, old kitchen cabinets
- Carpets and padding larger than 8′ x 12′
- Games or puzzles with missing pieces or used toys
- Beauty, healthcare or personal hygiene items
- Text books, reference books or magazines
- Electronics, computers and monitors, fax, printers, phones or tube televisions
COME BY TODAY AND SEE OUR NEW TREND DISPLAYS!